Taken In Hand

Thursday, November 1, 2007

More Thoughts on Consistency

There have been instances where I have chosen not to discipline, and each and every time I have regretted it.

Consistency is very, very important to my wife. In her mind, not getting punished for something, that she knows she has done, leaves her thinking that I am not commited to our lifestyle. She's left feeling lost, and thinking that she's not important enough to me to be worth the effort.

The irony is that I'm absolutely crazy about her, and would never knowingly hurt her.

It seems to me that one of the most important keys to success, in a dd relationship, is for a couple to sit down and carefully consider exactly what rules and punishments best fit their needs. And then, to follow through on these plans as diligently as they can.

That's what I strive for.
Stay tuned.

No comments: